Hello!


Welcome to my blog! I'm Christina Shippey...... a wedding and portrait photographer based out of Northwest Arkansas! Here you get to see my most recent work and occasionally get a peek into my personal life.

Take a look around and feel free to leave a comment.... I love to hear what you think and really enjoy feedback!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5.01.2009

Debs Visits Florida!!

So.... I have sadly been neglecting my blog lately. Poor blog... I will get better I promise!! My fabulous friend Debs was in town this past week.... so I thought I would tell you about our adventures together!! We spent our time cruising around in her rented black, mustang convertible. It is amazing how cool a car can make you feel (or how uncool). Driving around in the sun with the top down on that mustang.... Andrea Bocelli blaring, has a way of making everything better!! We spent most of our time together going to the Universal and Disney theme parks... doing anything BUT acting our age!! Here are some pics (you will have to forgive me, these are taken with my super cheap point and shoot, I like my nice camera way to much to take it to Disney with me)!


Cruising in the convertible!!
Nervous about going on the Hulk (an awesome roller coaster that I've been on before but somehow manage to get scared every time I'm about to get on it!)
A very polite Universal worker took this right before we went on the Hulk... I think he could tell we were a little nervous!!
No turning back now!
We survived!!
Red Fish, Blue Fish the ride... I think we were the only adults riding this ride who didn't have children under the age of five!!
I was super jazzed about the fact that I could control how high or low we went on the ride!!
Cyclops just wandering the streets of Universal!
Going on the 3d ride Spiderman... don't we look so cool!!
Doom.... so this is a funny story. This ride shoots you pretty high up and then drops you. Debs and I rode it once... then came back and rode it again. The second time as we were getting off I freaked out. My shoulder straps wouldn't lift up... I thought I was stuck and the ride was going to take off with me halfway strapped in!!! Thankfully Debs stayed super calm and told me matter-of-factly that my seatbelt buckle was still buckled.... thanks Debs!!

Super sweet baby elephant we saw on the safari at Animal Kingdom!
Very strange looking white rhinos!
Waiting in line for a bus to take us to the next park!! We were given park hopping passes for free by a friend (those tickets are like $400 dollars apiece normally... we sure got lucky!!)... so we were attempting to go to all 4 Disney parks in one day!
Epcot!!
Fireworks show at Magice Kingdom, such a perfect way to end an awesome day!!

3 comments:

Cari Denee May 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

AWWWW! It looks like yall had fun!!!!

Anonymous May 3, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

ohhh... i want to go so bad! maybe this summer... that would be awesome!

Bridgette May 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Looks like you two were definately being kids again and isn't that the greatest? The family and I spent the day at Epcot yesturday. It was a great day. Miss you and just wanted to let you know that it is great to have you blogging again. I keep up with you on the computer and my phone so keep those blogs coming... Hope to see you soon. I have a favor to ask you, Katie, and Ruthie. Call me when you can and I will fill you in on the details. Thanks and have a great week.

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP