Hello!


Welcome to my blog! I'm Christina Shippey...... a wedding and portrait photographer based out of Northwest Arkansas! Here you get to see my most recent work and occasionally get a peek into my personal life.

Take a look around and feel free to leave a comment.... I love to hear what you think and really enjoy feedback!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5.12.2009

Why I Want to Go to the Love Affair Workshop!


So... as I mentioned earlier I am applying for a scholarship to the most wonderful photography workshop ever.... Love Affair!!! Why do I want to go to Love Affair?? There are a million reasons... but here are the biggest reasons I have for wanting to go.....


#1- Life is Short: Life is too short to be afraid, to hold back, too not chase your passions and dreams with everything you have. I have spent so much of my life holding back, second guessing myself and pretending I'm okay with photography just being a hobby. This workshop could change all that. It could give me knowledge to back up my passion, replace my self doubt with confidence and give me the tools I need to turn a hobby into a business. Lauren Clark, Davina Fear, Millie Holloman and Kelly Moore Clark are some of the most talented wedding photographers in the world. In my opinion it doesn't get any better than these four talented, beautiful and passionate women. Who better to learn from than the best?!

#2- I'm Passionate About Photography: I've said it before and I'll say it again I LOVE taking pictures.... and specifically pictures of people! People are the most important thing in life, they are what life is all about. Pictures capture tiny snapshots of peoples lives... their emotions, spirits and personalities. A beautiful picture is something people will treasure forever. Almost two years ago Lauren Clark photographed my wedding. I can't tell you how many times I have recieved compliments on the pictures she took. I love those pictures! Everyone in the world should have beautiful pictures of themselves and the special moments in their lives that they love, and I want to be a part of that! My passion gives me a hunger to learn. I have so many questions and areas of the photography business I am completely lost in!! I would love to go to Love Affair to soak up all kinds of facts, knowledge and advice about photography!!

#3- My Husband: I have the sweetest most supportive husband ever! He believes in me more than I believe in myself! He has spent countless hours letting me take picture after picture of him so that I can better my photography skills. My husband is in the ministry doing what he is passionate about. Being in ministry has meant that we don't always have a lot of extra money. My husband has so many things he wants, and even needs, yet time and time again he has sacrificed and gone without so that I can buy the equipment that I need to pursue my dreams. He has given so much to me and I want to be able to give so much to him. To build a successful business so that he can have the things he needs and wants as well! To be the person that he sees and believes in!


#4- Community: The Love Affair Workshop will be attended by so many awesome, beautiful women who are so full of talent. It is an opportunity for me to meet other women just like myself. To build friendships with other photographers that will continue long after the workshop is over. Friends that will continue to encourage and help me grow as a photographer in ways I could never do alone!

So there it is, the main reasons I want to go.... but there are so many more!! Head on over to the Love Affair website and read all about the four wonderful ladies who put on the workshop (and say a prayer that my name comes up a time or two in the drawing)!! Thanks so much for taking the time to hear me pour out my heart about my photography passion!!


1 comments:

Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Babe...I think that you ARE the most talented, upcoming photographers out there! I can't wait to see what God does with this gift He has given you. I see your passion and drive for taking pictures and I know that God will allow you to use this to glorify Him, and open doors for you to do this full time. I just wanted to encourage you to keep pressing on, be patient and wait on the Lord, and don't ever feel like you can't do it or your not good enough. Because God has His perfect timing for this to take off. You have a God given talent for photography and you WILL succeed! I love you...and I will always support you! I believe in you! =) (Hope you get the scholarship...you deserve it)

Psalms 27:14 Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

-hubby-

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP