Hello!


Welcome to my blog! I'm Christina Shippey...... a wedding and portrait photographer based out of Northwest Arkansas! Here you get to see my most recent work and occasionally get a peek into my personal life.

Take a look around and feel free to leave a comment.... I love to hear what you think and really enjoy feedback!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3.16.2009

Cocoa Beach Sunrise

"The heavens declare the glory of God..." -Psalms 19:1

This is the verse that kept running through my mind this past Sunday as I sat on the beach watching the sunrise. Sitting there in the quietness and peace of the morning, I felt so small watching the sun rise over the ocean. I felt caught up and overwhelmed by God and His bigness! Like a little child, in awe of my Father, who He is and what He can do. As I watched the sunrise the colors and shapes of the clouds changed over and over. I must have taken over two hundred pictures, and yet every picture was unique. God does this every morning... and never runs out of "new" ides for the sunrise sky?! Crazy!! I love that my God is so big, that His mercies are new every morning, that He has an "infinite appetite for infancy (G.K. Chesterton)". I like being so small compared to God's bigness. It makes me feel safe, peaceful and comforted. Knowing that I can lay all my cares at His feet... and He will carry them for me. Ruthie, Katie and I skipped church to watch the sunrise, but I feel like I had my own little worship service watching that sunrise.






"The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it." -Revelation 21:23
Even as awesome and as beautiful as the sun is, someday there will be no more need for it. God's glory itself will be our light! I can't even begin to imagine how beautiful that will be!

Ruthie and Katie taking a pic!


Katie capturing the sunrise!


Probably one of my favorite pictures I took that morning. Just as we were leaving the beach, this kid hopped up on the boardwalk rail... and I quickly snapped this pic!!

Later that day on a very crowded beach!

There was some random surf competition going on that day, and there were all these proffessional photographers taking pictures. So Katie, Ruthie and I grabbed our cameras and just tried to blend in. Here is a shot of one of the surfers... sorry... no zoom lens yet!!




2 comments:

Jodi March 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

it makes me want to be at teh beach!!! Hey- I was blog spotting and found this photographer's website: http://www.dartphotographie.net/

WAY COOL STUFF!!!!

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

ooooh i love the vertical one with the sun and all the beautiful clouds and the one of the sun reflecting off of the water. what a beautiful place to live! i am jealous. I miss you so much and can't wait till we get to take pics again together!

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP