Hello!


Welcome to my blog! I'm Christina Shippey...... a wedding and portrait photographer based out of Northwest Arkansas! Here you get to see my most recent work and occasionally get a peek into my personal life.

Take a look around and feel free to leave a comment.... I love to hear what you think and really enjoy feedback!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7.11.2009

Good Times With the Shippey Family

Recently Chris and I spent a week in Houston with our Shippey family. It was such a good week, full of fellowship, fun and relaxing with our family! We did all kinds of stuff... Chris went golfing and got a tattoo with his brother, I got to hang out with the girls and and adventure out to take pics with my sister-in-law Jodi!! We went to the wave pool, celebrated fourth of July together... it was a very full and fun week!! Here is just a small bit of what went on!!

Here is the Shippey family. We are planning on doing some nice family pics later on in the year once it cools down outside.... until then this pic that we took kinda on a spur of the moment is our stand in!! I think we're a pretty good looking family... despite the fact that none of us were really prepared to take this picture!!!


Tuesday Jodi invited me to go with her and Scarlett and some of their friends to the Houston Children's Museum.... I took my camera along... it was pretty cool. They had a whole section of the museum set up like a town for little people.... it had everything... a bank, hospital, car dealership, vet, etc.!! Here is Scarlett shopping at the grocery store. She just kinda plopped down and started sorting the cans.... so cute!

Helping out at the checkout!!

Painting

This was hilarious!! The toddler section of the museum was in it's own separate fenced in area.... and to get in you either had to take of your shoes and just wear your socks.... or, for those who didn't have socks, some of these super hot hospital looking blue booties... Jodi and I rocked them out in style!!



The guys had a concert in Humble one of the nights.... here is a pic of the whole Chris Allen Band gang after the concert!!


One of my favorite things that I did all week was when Jodi and I went to scout out locations for a session I was doing. After walking around in the hot sun for awhile we stumbled across the cutest little tea room! Everything we ate there was so yummy.... and every time I look at these pictures I really want to go back and just sit and drink more of their awesome peach tea!! Here is a montage I made of the tea room (not really sure if this is technically considered a montage.... but I really like the word montage... so fancy sounding!)

To celebrate the 4th of July we went and ate, swam and watched fireworks with our family and their church. Here is my sweet little niece enjoying the pool.

Here is Scarlett showing of one of her ballerina moves... this girl can dance!

Scarlett and I... waiting for the fireworks!!
Fireworks montage!!


Ok.... what are these blurry spots you may wonder.... and why the heck did I take the time to montage (still love that word) and post them? While taking pictures of the fireworks I wondered what would happen if I threw the fireworks out of focus... and look... beautiful bokeh and bright colors!! Who knew!?


I loved every minute of my week with the Shippey family and I can't wait to go back and hang out some more in a week!!

0 comments:

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP